Tulsa Sings! showcases the extraordinary talent who call or have called Tulsa home. The audition process for Tulsa Sings! begins by submitting an audition video, callback rounds, and rehearsals leading up to the performance. Anyone can audition for Tulsa Sings! who has a connection to Tulsa as a current or past resident of the Tulsa area.
After a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic, Signature Symphony at TCC is excited to announce our 4th Tulsa Sings! vocal talent competition to shine the spotlight on undiscovered talent.
Tulsa Sings! welcomes anyone with ties to Tulsa to compete for the opportunity to perform beside Broadway performer Scott Coulter and others during Signature Symphony’s final 2022-2023 season concert “American Jukebox” on April 8, 2023. A panel of judges, including Coulter, will select the Grand Prize Winner. An Audience Favorite award winner will also be chosen.
In addition, the Grand Prize Winner could have the opportunity to be featured in a Signature Symphony in a concert during the 2023-2024 season.
- Entries open Tues., Aug. 2, 2022, at 8:00 a.m.
- Contestants must submit audition videos (no more than 3 minutes in length) by providing a link to their performance on a platform such as YouTube or Vimeo on the entry form
- The deadline for submissions is Mon., Oct. 10, 2022, at 5 p.m.
- Contestants selected for callbacks will be notified Mon., Oct. 24, 2022
- In-person callbacks will be held Fri. and Sat., Nov. 18 and 19, 2022 at Tulsa Community College Southeast Campus at 81st and Highway 161, room TBD
- Finalists will be announced on Fri., Dec. 16, 2022
- Finalists (three to six) will perform with Signature Symphony during the Apr. 8, 2023 concert “Tulsa Sings! American Jukebox”. Finalists must be available for rehearsals and performances the week of Apr. 3 through 8, 2023.
Rules and Eligibility
- Must be a current or past resident of the Tulsa area
- Explain the Tulsa connection on the application form
- Open to all ages. Under 18 must have parent/guardian approval
- Vocal performances only
- No monetary compensation will be provided to contestants for any aspect of this
- Signature Symphony will not pay for transportation for any contestant
- All videos and performances become the property of Signature Symphony at TCC for use and
Contestants may audition with any style or genre of music. Previous Tulsa Sings! competition winners (overall winner and audience favorite) are not eligible to compete again. All other 2018, 2019, and 2020 finalists are eligible to enter the competition again this year.
For additional information email email@example.com or call 918-595-7776.
About Tulsa Sings!
Tulsa Sings! is a vocal competition embedded in Signature Symphony at TCC. Each year finalists are selected to work with New York City-based vocalist and concert performer, Scott Coulter, and perform on stage with the professional orchestra.
The value of the coaching and mentoring by an experienced performer with each finalist has been dubbed priceless by previous participants. Coulter works with each finalist to help elevate their performance. They learn valuable vocal techniques and artistic expression to help expand their performance range.
The Tulsa Sings! Grand Prize Winner is selected by a panel of judges and given the opportunity to be the featured or guest vocalist in a future Signature Symphony concert. The Tulsa Sings! Audience Favorite is determined by audience votes and invited to perform at a future Signature Symphony concert.
Previous Tulsa Sings! winners have returned to the Signature Symphony stage for the annual Christmas in Tulsa” and “4th on the 3rd” concert traditions, as well as performed alongside LaKisha Jones, a finalist from the sixth season of “American Idol”.